There were loads of blossoms this year, at home and abroad, but I did not hear the humming of bees busy pollinating in Ontario,
Did you know that:
- One in three bites of the food we eat is the result of pollination
- Canada is 2nd in the world for blueberry production. 35,000 hives are required for pollination
- One third our the world’s fruit and vegetable production depends on bees for pollination
- In Canada, pollination is worth $1 billion every year
- Honey is one of the safest foods, because bacteria cannot live in honey?
When will we act? Hopefully, not in this manner – Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over ‘Bee Apocalypse’ Coming Soon, by Sorcha Faal. May 10, 2013. http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_27624.cfm