Seva is selfless service. It is compassion in action. The desire to serve flows not through any sense of duty but out of love. Perhaps this is part of the emergence of Agriculture 3.0.
This web post explains Seva nicely (http://www.blissofnewsun.net/seva/).
Seva is a blessing from God that flows through you to another. It is not only a healing for you but the one you serve. Seva is an unconditional flow of energy from one to another. A good metaphor is that of Sun to Earth.
A Seva is never small. It could be anything from your heart.
- Smiling at a stranger
- Playing with the children
- Praying for someone from the heart
- Doing the dishes contentedly
- Sharing food with the homeless
- Calling a friend and expressing how much they mean to you
- Visiting a local hospital
- Cleaning the garbage in your local area
And, then making it a regular habit.
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” Rabindranath Tagore